I know you have seen them, the videos from Nifty that infiltrate your Facebook feed and put all those crazy organizational and dollar store ideas in your head. I mean, I find myself collecting baby food jars or pvc pipe for the for these awesome ideas shared on these addictive little videos!
Now I found this one about bullet journals. Oh boy am I in trouble now! I will be going out to Michaels or Hobby Lobby to find fun washi tape and a bunch of fancy pens just so I can say I will create this awesome journal, but the supplies will probably stay in the crafting closet along with all the oil based Sharpes and and letter stickers for those monogrammed coffee mugs I never made.
But these videos are so addicting! So if you see me in the store loading my cart full of rope and glue sticks, please do not call the Hubs! I will do these things one day.
Here are some ideas of ways to get that stuff out of the closet and made:
- Host a craft night. Each lady brings the stuff to make her craft or you agree on a craft (the same craft) for everyone to make. You sit and gossip, eat, drink, and create!
- Donate crafts to a girl scout group for them to do. There is nothing wrong with having someone else do what you have ignored for too long. The girls will have a great time and you will get that clutter out of your house (and a tax write off, just make sure you write up a receipt).
- Make gift packs. You can give the gift of craft to someone special. Just make a pack of materials for each person and give them the products so that they can create their very own craft.
- Calling all kids! Ask the kids in your life, yours or someone else’s to come over and craft with you. You can create an assembly line and have your very own little sweatshop for just the cost of cookies and juice. Plus, the moms will owe you one for giving them a little break…WIN WIN!!
- Here’s another link for some ideas to getting those projects done.
All joking aside, remember that homemade gifts really do mean so much to those that get them. So, if you are going to burn yourself with hot glue and shout curse words, make sure you do it for those you love!
Moscato Peach Wine Slushies – what a better thing to sip while making crafts!?!
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) (I used Barefoot brand) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!